The Role of Families in Education: Kick-off for independence.
26 to 28 May 2016, Lisbon, Portugal
Registration is now open for a 3 days of engaging discussions on Inclusive Education and the role of families in the promotion and implementation of inclusive schools.
Since 2001, each year the Conference “Europe in Action” mobilizes more than 200 people, including professionals, families and people with intellectual disabilities. These people find here a common platform for discussion, sharing of knowledge and experiences, a space that generates common positions and taken consensual positions.
The conference will focus on some fundamental issues that have been at the core of the debate on inclusive schools, namely:
- enhance the role of families in terms of decision-making on education;
- safeguard the complementarity between the approaches that are made in the school and its projection in the family context;
- promoting models of empowerment and empowerment of families, so that they can take on effectively an intervening role in schools;
- how to streamline and facilitate sharing processes among all stakeholders (professionals, families and people with disabilities) in order to provide conditions that promote inclusion;
- how to organize and implement a school where education is both available to all and tailored to each one;
- think about the role of resource centres, to ensure operating conditions and financing to ensure their effectiveness;
- how can families promote and defend the necessary conditions so that education is not exhausted in the compulsory school cycle and extends throughout life.
For more information about the conference programme, registration and accommodation click here