The High Level Political Forum (HLPF) is the UN mechanism to track and review progress on the SDGs and to share knowledge, experiences, and, address new and emerging issues. Held annually at the UN in New York, the HLPF is an opportunity to ensure people with intellectual disabilities and their families are actively involved, and are benefiting from, implementation of the SDGs.
In 2017, the HLPF will be held from 10 – 19 July at the UN in New York. The theme will be “Eradicating poverty and promoting prosperity in a changing world”. It will focus on the following goals:
- Goal 1 End poverty in all its forms everywhere
- Goal 2 End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
- Goal 3 Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
- Goal 5 Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
- Goal 9 Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
- Goal 14 Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development