The Lebanese Association for Self-Advocacy (LASA) is a Lebanese non-governmental and non-profitable organization. LASA has no religious or political affiliation.
Interview with Fadia Farah, President
The membership in LASA is open to all human rights activists. LASA is run by and for persons with disabilities.
LASA promotes the right-based model of disability.
- Accessing the Ballot Box – Our Votes Should Count!
- Media Serving Disability – Movies from self-advocates in Lebanon
Persons with disabilities especially those with intellectual disability are full members of the society. They should have the support they need to make their voices heard and all their rights respected.
LASA works with all NGOs that believe in Inclusion on the following aspects:
- Provide information, training and support for persons with disability and their families so that their voices can be heard and rights to be respected.
- Give a platform for persons with disabilities, to fight for their rights.
- Increase awareness in the community about the rights of persons with disabilities.
- Create a forum to disseminate information about human rights, and help parents and friends to fight for the rights of persons with disabilities.
- Improve family advocacy skills and create channels of communication at all levels of the local spectrum.
Photographs from LASA
LASA on Social Media
See LASA on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/LebaneseAssociationForSelfAdvocacy