Come and be part of the global network for Inclusion
Join us for Inclusion International’s 17th World Congress in Birmingham, UK, on 30 May – 1 June 2018.
The World Congress will bring together people and organisations from all over the world to learn from and inspire each other. Together we will lead the way in making inclusion a reality for people with intellectual disabilities and their families.
About the World Congress
- learn and share experiences from around the world about issues and challenges faced by people with intellectual disabilities and their families as well as strategies that have been successful in achieving achieve change
- inspire and be inspired by successes and innovations for inclusive practices
- lead the way as a global movement in promoting inclusive communities.
Twelve years ago, the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities was adopted. In 2015, the world adopted the Sustainable Development Goals. Now, we are closer than ever to achieving our vision of inclusive communities worldwide.
Together, we’re a global network entering a new era of action for inclusion. World Congress 2018 is a chance for us to learn, inspire and share experiences on issues that matter to us and lead the way in making the world more inclusive.
The World Congress programme will provide opportunities for families and self-advocates to build up their leadership skills and networks. Sessions and networking opportunities will be around topics such as:
- supporting and enabling self-advocacy
- support to families
- inclusive education: teacher training and inclusion resources
- employment and livelihoods: strategies for inclusion in the labour market
- housing: strategies for inclusion in the community
- access to justice and prevention of violence against people with disabilities
- closing institutions and providing care in the community
- supported decision-making.
A full programme will be announced nearer the event, including speakers and workshops – stay tuned!
Who is the event for?
Anyone who has an interest in inclusion or works for an inclusive organisation is welcome, including:
- Inclusion International members
- partner organisations, NGOs and funders
- people with intellectual disabilities and their families
- anyone interested in inclusion
Tickets are not yet on sale. You can express interest in the event and receive email updates as soon as tickets are available. We’ll also send you announcements of speakers and workshops.Stay Informed