How to be happy?
We all want to be happy. In the closing plenary session of the Belonging conference, Professor Yoram Yovell, will share with participants his insights on the science of happiness. What is the difference between happiness and pleasure? How do we react to happiness? Is happiness an experience or an action? What tools do we need to enable us to be happy in a fast-changing environment? We will explore the link between happiness and our sense of belonging.
Professor Yovell is a psychiatrist and an associate professor in the Division of Clinical Neuroscience, Hadassah Ein Kerem Medical Center, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Prof. Yovell was also the scientific advisor on numerous Israeli TV shows including, How to be happy in 6 lessons?, and hosted Sihat Nefesh on prime time TV for 10 years.
As well as our own happiness, the conference will look at other things that can help people with intellectual disabilities belong;
- Overcoming the barriers to belonging,
- Being able to live in our own home,
- How can we turn our vision of inclusive communities into reality?
- The important role of families in activism and working with their family members in advocating for inclusion,
- Hear stories from self-advocates who are agents of change,
- How can we work together so that everyone belongs?
These are just some of the questions and issues which will be explored in depth at the Belonging Conference on 24-25 November 2019, in Tel Aviv. Registration is now open.