A regional meeting, with financial support from NFU, Strengthening our Voices; Building our Movement, was held in Accra, Ghana, April 8 – 10, 2013. Over 40 participants from more than 18 countries participated in the meeting.
The focus of the meeting was to:
- Strengthen and build the capacity of Inclusion Africa and its members to implement a shared workplan;
- Share information and engage members in Inclusion International’s membership review; Present on follow-up to Inclusion International’s Article 19 campaign and launch Inclusion International’s global campaign on the right to decide;
- Hold Inclusion Africa’s General Assembly and Elections;
- Get Inclusion Africa General Assembly approval of amendments to Inclusion Africa’s constitution needed to register Inclusion Africa in Kenya.
Inclusion International supported the development of materials for the General Assembly and the board Elections process.
At the GA a new board was elected and committed to monthly board calls. The new board members are:
- Chair: Semu Kaggwa( Uganda)
- Vice-Chair Jabulane Dikgale ( South Africa)
- Secretary-Margaret Zamudio( Mauritius)
- Treasurer- Fatma Haji( Kenya)
- Eastern Africa representative: Fauzia Haji( Zanzibar)
- Southern Africa representative: Mirriam Namanja( Malawi)
- Western Africa representative: Claudine Daizo( Benin)
- Self-advocates representative: Quincy Mwiya( Zambia).
The board held its first follow up meeting via Skype on May 8, 2013.