The International Disability Alliance (IDA) has produced a publication on the Right to Vote and Stand for Election. It includes contributions from some of our members and council
- Voting For All in Israel – AKIM, member in Israel
My Right: the Right to Vote – LASA, member is Lebanon
- Engaging MPs in Law Reform to Secure the Right to Vote in Germany – Klaus Lachwitz, President
- Deprivation of voting rights ruled unconstitutional in Japan – Nagase Osamu, Regional Council member
- The Right to Vote: Beyond the Ballot Box – Inclusion International
The IDA’s annual human rights journal is dedicated to sharing and gathering information, practices and experiences related to implementation of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD). It brings together information from different sources including organisations of persons with disabilities (DPOs), NGOs, national human rights institutions (NHRIs), United Nations human rights mechanisms and other actors, with a focus on highlighting positive examples of CRPD compliance.
- Victory in Germany: People under full guardianship will be able to vote for the first time
- Victory in Spain: People with intellectual disabilities will be able to vote for the first time.
- II Contributes to Beit Issie Shapiro Conference in Israel
- Voting Rights Restored by the Revision of Election Law in Japan