At Inclusion International, we are committed to keeping the trust and confidence of everyone who comes into contact with us. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. All employees and volunteers who have access to your personal data and are associated with the handling of that data are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your personal data. We try to keep the information we have about you accurate and up to date. If, however, you find errors or inaccuracies in your data, we will erase, complete or amend that information upon your request.
2. Why do we collect your personal data?
Any of the personal information we collect from you may be used for one of the following purposes:
- To improve the way we communicate and work with you
- To conduct studies or prepare reports based on personal information you provide to us in response to surveys, questionnaires or information forms;
- To improve our website and social media accounts (We continually strive to improve our website and social media offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.)
- To process transactions, including fees and donations.
- To send periodic correspondence (If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future correspondence, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions with each letter or email.)
3. What types of information do we collect?
This type of information does not tell us who you are, but it does help us to improve our communication. When you visit and look around our website, we record things like your IP address (the unique number of the device you are using to access our website), which pages you visit (on our website only), when they were visited, and the type of device you were using. This information helps us create a better experience for everyone who uses our website.
Our Site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
This means any information that may be used to identify you, such as your name, telephone number, postal and email addresses, and your bank details if you are supporting us financially.
We collect personal information when you do things such as:
- Contact us via our website
- Donate to us
- Sign up to a campaign
- Register for one of our events (including online events such as webinars)
- Register to receive our newsletter
- Complete our surveys
- Contact us by email
4. How we use your information
We collect your information because we need it to:
- Help us fulfil your requests
- Keep in touch with you, and
- Offer you communications that are relevant to you.
We may use information that is available to the public, such as your location and social media accounts.
5. How and when we share your information with others
We will not sell, trade or rent your personal contact details to any organisation.
We do use third-party financial institutions to process donations, membership fees and fees from registrations to our events. They receive the card number or bank details and other personal information only to verify and process transactions securely.
6. Updating your preferences and unsubscribing
We will contact you mainly by email and sometimes by post, for example to send you the annual call for fee. If you want to stop receiving emails, click the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any of our emails. We would rather you didn’t miss out, but we respect that it is your decision! If you want to stop receiving letters by post please email us at email@example.com
7. Making changes to your personal information
If your personal details change, please help us to keep this information up to date by getting in touch and telling us: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. How we store your information
We take what we believe to be reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data collected from loss, misuse, unauthorized use, access, inadvertent disclosure, alteration and destruction. However, no network, server, database or Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us electronically. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data.
We often review who has access to information that we hold to ensure it is only accessible by trained staff, volunteers and consultants.
9. Do you have any questions?
If you have any questions or want to find out more, please email us email@example.com
10. Changes to this policy
This policy may change, but we will always have the latest version available for you on our website. It there are any major changes, we will add a notice on our website or contact you.