Job Opportunity: Communications Officer
What kind of job is this?
This is a full-time employment contract.
The Communications Officer will be part of the Inclusion International staff team and will report to the Director of Programmes & Network Development (Kimber Bialik).
This job can be done from home. You do not need to come into an office.
If you live in London, you can work from our office if you want to.
Ideally, you will be located in the United Kingdom and you will work Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm.
You will be paid up to £30,000 per year for this job.
What will the Communications Officer do?
- You will work closely across the staff team to manage the language and tone across different communication channels, for example the website, social media and newsletters.
- You will help our members to understand the work of other members in different regions and make them aware of opportunities to get involved in our network.
- You will come up with new ideas to promote the work we do to make more people aware of Inclusion International and recognize the importance of our members voice
- You will help make sure that our communications are easy for everyone to understand, including people with intellectual disabilities.
- Manage communications with our Council members, making sure they have the information they need.
- Identify and help to write interesting and engaging story opportunities from colleagues regional and programme work that can be used to promote and raise awareness of the work we do.
- Support colleagues to create their own content so that they contribute to and support the organisation’s social media calendar.
- Managing, monitoring and posting relevant and social media content across all our social media channels.
- Co-ordinate, write and distribute newsletters and press releases.
- Design and distribute publications and reports.
- Facilitate and manage the operations and marketing of our virtual events.
- Deliver campaign strategies which increase fundraising opportunities and raise the organisation’s profile and reputation.
- Develop, manage, maintain and update content for our website(s).
- Video creation and/or curation.
- Monitor and respond to inquiries in the general email box and e-learning platform
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who is passionate about inclusion, hard-working, and keen to learn new things.
Ideally, you will have some experience in marketing or communications.
The following skills would be useful, but none of them are essential – especially if you are open to learning on the job.
- Graphic design
- Newsletter design and familiarity with Campaign Monitor
- Website editing through Content Management Systems like WordPress
- Social media
- Web analytics
- Content creation through tools like Canva
- Writing in plain-language
How to Apply
To apply for this job, please answer these questions:
- Why do you want this job?
- What skills do you have that will help you do this job?
- What kind of experience of work like this do you have?
- Where are you based? Where would you like to work from?
You can write the answers to these questions, or you can make a video of you answering the questions.
If you want to send us a CV, resume or examples of your previous work, you can send this when you email us, but you do not have to.
If you are interested in this job, please email us before midnight on February 13th 2023.
Send your video or the answers you have written to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
After the closing date we will read/watch everyone’s emails and make a decision on who we want to speak to.
We will tell you if we want to speak to you about the job and invite you for an interview.