Do you want to join the Inclusion International staff team?
We have a new opportunity for someone who cares about making the world a more inclusive place for people with intellectual disabilities!
What is the job all about?
The Project and Membership Assistant will work on our different projects and help make sure they run smoothly.
They will also help with some of the work that we do that connects us to our members.
Some examples are bringing together our Council or Board, helping to review new member organisations, and helping to keep our working groups and discussion groups for members running.
What will the Project and Membership Assistant do?
- You will work with the Director of Programmes & Network Development to support the Project Managers on our staff team with the work of our projects. You will work across many different projects in different regions.
- You will support with planning project activities, coordinating with our member organisations for project work, support with administrative tasks related to our projects, and reporting on project activities.
- You will work with the members who are leaders in our organisation by organising board meetings, bringing together our Council, supporting some of our Committees, and helping with other governance work.
- You will work alongside people with intellectual disabilities and people without intellectual disabilities on our projects and governance.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who believes in inclusion and who is committed to working in an accessible and inclusive way.
We are looking for someone who is hardworking, organised, and wants to learn new things.
We would like to see candidates who:
- Have some experience being part of a project team.
- Have done tasks in administration before, like planning meetings or other things that help a team to do their work.
- Are organised and good at keeping records.
- Want to work in a team, and is comfortable working with a team that mostly works together online (remotely).
- Like working with people from different countries and cultures.
- Are comfortable travelling a few times each year to other countries to meet with our project partners.
This is an entry level role. Being willing to learn is the most important criteria!
How to Apply
To apply for this job, please answer these questions:
- Why do you want this job?
- What skills do you have that will help you do this job?
- Have you done work like this role before?
- Why do you think you would be the best fit as our new Project Assistant?
You can write the answers to these questions, or you can make a video of you answering the questions.
When you prepare your video or written answers, please make sure you use easy to understand language.
If you want to send us a CV, resume or examples of your previous work, you can send this when you email us, but you do not have to.
If you want to apply, please email us before midnight on Sunday, March 3rd, 2024.
Send your video or the answers you have written to email@example.com to apply.
After the closing date we will read/watch everyone’s applications and make a decision on who we want to speak to.
We will tell you if we want to speak to you about the job and invite you for an interview.